Saturday, January 17, 2009

Stuffed Pork Chops

Stuffed Pork Chops.... Ever had them? Ever wanted to make them? They are super easy, especially when you cheat and use box stuffing like I did!

Stuffed pork chops, I thought it would be a nice twist for a mid-week dinner. I bought my pork chops at costco, and if you have ever bought pork chops there, you know how thick they are! Insanely thick, but great for stuffing! I took the easy way out and used a box stuffing mix, but you can make your stuffing from scratch as well. I decided to add sauted garlic and onions to the stuffing mix.



Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Dice up onions and saute them with diced garlic in 3 tbsps of olive oil.





Make your stuffing as per the instructions on the box. Add the onions and garlic mixture to the stuffing, leaving some oil in the pan. Cut the pork chops down the middle almost cutting through the other side. Than stuff them with the stuffing mixture.






Once the pork chops are stuffed carefully put them in the pan the onions and garlic were in, and cook on both sides about 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle them with pepper and your choice of seasoning salt. Once cooked on both sides, you can simply place your pan in the oven for the remaining time. I chose to put them in my pre-warmed bakeware from my favorite pampered chef. Depending on the thickness of your pork chop is how long you bake it for. I baked mine for about 22 minutes. Also throwing in the dish the remaing cornbread.





I thought a nice salad would compliment the stuffed pork chops.




I have to show you what I was enjoying out my kitchen window while making this dinner.









The finished product. Overall they turned out great! I would like to experiment with stuffing them with different things, maybe cranberries? Anyone else have any ideas?





























1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks fabulous Julie! Great pictures!

I always like some apples with my pork chops. Maybe you could add some apple sauce to the stuffing mix, or just add some sliced apples inside of the chops. Yum!