Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today, a day like most days....

Well today is a tuesday and most tuesdays I work in the afternoon's. So this morning I got up, made coffee (Kamodo Dragon) and started picking things up. Got Nayana and Sophie up to feed the dogs and get ready for school. They ate breakfast and put the clean dishes away. Travis got ready for work as we chatted about our day. Little Tia woke up and wanted to watch cartoons, so on went OPB.


Time came for the girls to head to school and Travis to work, so off they piled into the "man-van" and away they went. Leaving Tia and I to our mises... I decided I wanted to put something in the crock pot for dinner since Ill be at work when its dinner time. I've been feeling like I'm stuck in a rut cooking the same thing all the time or slight varieties of the same thing. And not wanting to really branch out this morning I just decided to make chilli. I had a jar with seasonings and beans in it my sister-in-law had made for me so I decided that would work. Added a quart jar of my canned stewed tomato's (which include yellow and red peppers, celery and onion) a lb of ground beef and about a quart of water. Its cooking along nicely now, and I wonder should i make corn bread to go with it? Do I want to make a mess of the kitchen to clean it up again? I still have undecided.


Tia had breakfast and helped me with the dishes and decided to watch an Elmo dvd while I did my treadclimber workout. While on my treadclimber my mp3 player went dead, time to charge the battery making it a struggle to stay motivated. I looked at cataloges of plants and flowers and texted my best friend Tatyana to keep the time flying by.


Time is quickly passing and it will soon be time for me to get ready for work. I work 3pm to close at the store tonight which is only 7p (with a half hour clean up time)... big shift, lol. But at least it gives me time to get out of the house, mingle a bit with others and have free coffee/tea for heavens sake!


I wanted to blog today, but didnt really have a story line. Just shared a bit of my day so far. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to share next time!

1 comment:

Amy said...

A day in the life of Julie! :)