Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chocolate + Coffee = Cookie... another from my favorite NEW cookbook!


well two of my most favorite things in life are chocolate and coffee, why not combine them? Why didn't i think of this earlier? well bcs I leave super important things like this up to the experts... So here in my brand new fantastic cookbook I found Chocolate + Coffee = Cookie.....


Here are all the fantastic ingredients that I was so pleased to have in the house! Butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, coffee (like I would ever go without!?!), whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, quinoa flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. (Chocolate chips weren't in picture bcs they were still in the freezer!)

In a large bowl combine first four ingredients, than cream together using your mixer. The recipe called for instant coffee but I never have that so I just made a quick french press of Komodo Dragon (my favorite bold brew by Sbuxs).



Here's the first four creamed together.... notice its not perfectly creamy? Well part of my butter was frozen, and I zapped in the microwave just a bit to make it slightly softer... than leaving me the chunks you see...




Added in the cocoa, coffee, baking powder and salt.




Than added in the whole wheat flour, and Quinoa flour





And last but certainly not least, the chocolate chips!




My little helper stirring in the chocolate chips and tasting the yummy batter!



Here they are ready to go in the oven! Bake at 350 degree's for 8-10 minutes.



Now... here is the problem... my beautiful cookies, that taste amazing... turned out like this!



Here's what I know I did wrong:
1) I softened the butter in the microwave (your really never suppose to do that!)
2) the recipe says not to over stir... ??
3) I didn't measure the chocolate chips
4) I didn't measure the coffee either
Once the first batch came out of the oven looking like the above picture, I added about a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup more of whole wheat flour... than they turned out like the first picture in this blog.. I cant wait to try this recipe again and hopefully get it exactly right this time... they taste amazing regardless and I know for sure they will be eaten!!





2 comments:

Amy said...

I was looking at that first picture thinking, "Hm... maybe she meant muffins?" lol

But that really does sound seriously good! I agree, chocolate + coffee = YUM!

JulieD&TraviD said...

yeah after the first batch turned out not so good, i added more flour and thought ill just throw them in my mini muffin pan!?!? it was better but... and they taste is so amazing!! i wish i could bring some over! lol