It was three o'clock and I thought oh boy I better put something in for dinner! The girls get off the bus at four, and Travis will be home sometime... (he had FD last night). So I looked through my books and found this simple recipe. Creamy Chicken Italiano, in my Fix it and Forget it Cookbook which you can find here: http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Forget-Cookbook-Feasting-Cooker/dp/1561483176/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234889339&sr=8-2
The recipe also called for four chicken breast but three is enough for all of us. Throw them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Take the Italian dressing mix and add 1/4 cup of water (I added 1/2 cup bcs my crock pot cooks really hot).... and pour over the chicken breasts.
Put your crock pot on low and cook for 2 hours (the recipe says 3, but again mine cooks hot and I didn't have that much time...)
Once your 2-3 hrs are up take your cream cheese and mix it with your cream of chicken soup. I only used 1/2 the 8oz package of cream cheese bcs I wanted to save the other 1/2... I'm cheap!
I had to get out my hand mixer to make it mix in all smooth, if you have a food processor that would work well too!
Than add in your mushrooms, canned or fresh! I put in about a cup of fresh mushrooms. Mix into creamy mix...
And than place in spoonfuls on top of the chicken. I than turned the crook pot on high for the last hour and fifteen minutes. I was in a hurry!!
You can put this on top of rice, noodles, or even bread. I decided to use noodles. If your like me I buy my noodles in big boxes and don't need to cook the entire big box in a recipe so I had some of this and that left over. I thought it was so funny how the elbow noodle hid up inside the shell noodle! The girls thought that was fun too!
2 comments:
lol, love the pics of your girls enjoying dinner.
Okay, I am convinced after seeing the expression on the faces of the girls. Must try that!
Love, Grandma Claire
Post a Comment