Decided to add some of this salsa verde ... we decided to try it bcs it was on sale, and with chips just just plain boring so we've been adding it to different things to see what it wont bore us to death in!! (Side note: Travis took some enchilada sauce, added bbq and this chili verde sauce poured it over packaged burritos and baked it... it was soo good!)
So here's what the burger mix looked like... adding in all the stuff made it sort of ... wet so I decided to add some Italian bread crumbs... to hold it together.
Next I thought okay, so now I have this, I can form the patties but than do what with them? Bcs I was making them ahead of time for Travis to cook for dinner while I was at work I wanted to make it easy. Also since I don't usually buy any bread or buns I had cut the homemade bread into rectangle pieces so I decided to make the burgers the same shape... and put them on foil, on cookie sheets. Drizzled some more bbq sauce on top...

I left Dear Husband a note to please take a picture of what they looked like cooked... Hence the first picture on this blog... he he! He threw on cheese after they were cooked almost all the way through... they must have been a big hit! One left for me when I got home... Would have loved to take a picture of one put all together but I was so hungry when I got home I just ate! So ... use your imagination! :) They say its a terrible thing to waste!
1 comment:
Love the idea of making rectangular patties for use with bread. :) And awesome job of prep'ing everything for Travis!
Post a Comment