Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines day treats...



For Valentines I wanted to make the girls something special. My friend told me about this cute thing her mom use to do for her and her brother when they were little. So this is what I attempted to do...



Put your 3 tablespoons of butter and 4 cups of miniature marshmallows on medium heat to melt. Stirring often you don't want these babies to burn!



If you like chunks of marshmallows in your rice crispys stop the melting here! And add the rice puff cereal NOW! if you don't... keep melting... stirring often!



I didn't take a picture of me adding the rice puff cereal, so you just get the next step pictured above. Once your marshmallows and butter are completely melted, add in your rice cereal (i call it that bcs I'm cheap and bought the generic!)... stir it all together until cereal is fully coated with the yummy sticky oooyeee gooie marshmallows. Than I put them by spoonful into these very greased funnel. I only had three funnels and decided to make more of these fun shaped treats and used a plastic margarita cup for the extras.... it turned out looking like a sombrero!




Next, I took a couple cups of chocolate chips (i know precise!.. i didn't measure them)... and melted them in the microwave stirring often and checking on them about every thirty seconds or so.. you don't want them to cook to long or you will have a problem! I than coated the bottom of the rice crispy treats with the chocolate. The idea was to let that cool than coat the entire outside as well... I decided to save my chocolate chips and this would be good enough.


Here's what they looked like out of the funnels! Cute huh? You can do so many things with rice crispys its crazy but these were fun and easy and most of all the girls enjoyed them!

No comments: